March 15, 2019
To: DSS Customers and Community Partners
The Manassas Park Department of Social Services (MPDSS) is currently operating under normal business hours of M-F 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, with lobby hours of 9:00 am- 4:00 pm. Please note that adjustments to this schedule may be necessary in the future in response to the local, state and federal guidance concerning the COVID-19 pandemic. As a safeguard, we are encouraging customers to not visit the office in-person, but to call and email instead.
At this time, we are receiving guidance from the City’s Emergency Management Team as well as the Prince William Health District.
We will continue to provide updates via the City’s website www.cityofmanassasparkva.us, and various City social media outlets.
The guidance that follows is based on information that is publicly available from the Centers for Disease Control found at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.
What Staff is Doing:
• Staying home from the office when not feeling well.
• Suspending non-essential work-related travel.
• Increasing sanitation of workstations and frequently touched surfaces.
• Washing their hands frequently and encouraging others to do the same.
• Encouraging telework as service and program needs allow.
• Holding meetings via teleconferencing or FaceTime.
• Staying in close contact with Foster Parents and youth.
• Continuing to determine eligibility for benefits.
• Suspending face to face family visitation (still using phone/FaceTime when allowable).
What We Ask Customers and Partners to Do:
• Please do not come to our office if you are not feeling well.
• We will be asking screening questions when scheduling appointments and before meeting with individuals in our offices or in the community if teleconferencing is not an option.
• We are asking visitors to use hand sanitizer when entering the office space. In addition, we will not be shaking hands.
• If an office visit is necessary: Please consider coming alone if applicable.
• If you or someone in your household is sick, please reschedule your appointment.
• Please exercise social distancing and allow plenty of space between you and other customers when waiting in line. Our lobby floor is marked to assist.
If a home visit is necessary:
• If possible, we will call ahead.
• Everyone will be asked some screening questions.
• If we are able to make a visit, we will be asking you for a place where staff can wash their hands upon entering and leaving the home.
Online applications are accepted at . Applications may be dropped off in the drop box in the lower lobby of our office located at 100 Nadia St, Manassas Park, VA 20111, faxed to 703-795-8899, or completed via the phone by calling 1-855-635-4370 or 1-855-242-8282 (Medicaid Only).
For questions you can email: mpdssinfo at email@example.com and to submit SNAP and/or Medicaid documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For persons experiencing homelessness, local shelters and the Bill Mehr Drop-In Center are operational. To assist the Coordinated Entry System (CES) is taking calls Monday through Friday during business hours at 703-792-3366.
Child/Adult Protective Services is operational. To report suspected incidents of abuse or neglect call 703-335-8880, Monday through Friday during lobby hours, or the state hotline at 800-552-7096 (CPS) and 888-832-3858 (APS) after hours and weekends.
Children's Services Act FAPT meetings will be virtual for families and case managers.
We understand that these are challenging times, and we appreciate your cooperation and support as we work to address changes required in response to this National Emergency. Please know that even with these changes, the MPDSS is committed to providing you the same level of service and care that you have come to expect from our department.
We cannot stress enough the importance of preventing the spread of germs and respiratory diseases by washing your hands often with soap and water; avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth; covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing; avoiding contact with people who are sick; and staying home and avoiding contact with others while sick.
We are in this together, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this unsettled period of time. We will continue to provide clear guidance and communication to you in attempt to ease your stress and anxiety.
Randi Knights, Director
Manassas Park Department of Social Services
CITY OF MANASSAS PARK
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
100 Nadia St ∙ 2nd Floor ∙ Manassas Park, VA 20111
This announcement is attached in PDF form.