Please see information below (flyers attached) for several upcoming virtual workshops (co-sponsored by PWCS Special Education Parent Resource Center), Arc virtual support groups, Special Education Consultations, and Chair Yoga. There are some changes, so read carefully!
1. Virtual support groups will continue at least through May. May 27 is the next date. (Note the new date.) A link will be sent out next week.
2. Chair Yoga continues every Wednesday through the end of June from 10 – 10:30 a.m. (except June 16 and June 23). You must now pre-register for each session.
3. Join Ronnie Sidney, II, LCSW, as he discusses My Journey: From Learning & Attention Issues to Best-Selling Author on Friday, May 28 from 11 a.m.– 12:30 p.m. (NOTE: date and time have changed – same registration link, though.) Ronnie is a wonderful speaker; he will be the keynote for this year’s Circle of Support Conference, whether virtual or in-person (most likely the former) on November 6, 2021. You shouldn’t miss this workshop!
Friday, May 28, 11 a.m.– 12:30 p.m.
4. Welcome Sonia Hinds, APRN/PMH-BC, RPT-S for another workshop on Friday, June 4 with the topic Who Let the ANTs Out? Managing Anxiety and Negative Thoughts. Those of you who attended her February workshop know that she is an empathetic, knowledgeable speaker.
Friday, June 4, 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
5. Special Education Consultations with attorney Joan Proper has new dates opening in September. She offers only 2 appointments each month so it is critical that if you register for a specific date and time that you keep this appointment. Not doing so prevents someone else from gaining much needed advice! Email to make an appointment.
Registration is also available for any of the events listed above (except special education consultations) by going to . Hope to “see” you soon!
June 4th is the last scheduled workshop for this year. If you have ideas for workshops and a presenter in mind (free of charge), please reach out! We will be scheduling workshops for next fall in the coming weeks.
Jan Toone Russell
Family Support Coordinator
Chair, Circle of Support Conference