USDA is asking for applications for those interested in grants for America’s Healthy Food Financing Initiative Targeted Small Grants Program (HFFI TSG Program) for 2020. The max award is $200,000. The purpose of the program is to improve access to healthy foods in underserved areas, to create and preserve quality jobs, and to revitalize low-income communities. While the HFFI TSG Program is designed to support projects that respond to food access and food enterprise needs that were evolving prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, we recognize the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on communities, retail outlets, and the food supply chain. Applicants may use their discretion to propose a project that is or is not related to recovery from the pandemic, directly or indirectly. Letters of Intent are due by July 10, 2020.
• For-profit business enterprises (including a corporation, limited liability company, sole proprietor, public benefit corporation)
• Cooperatively-owned businesses
• Tax-exempt nonprofit corporations
• Institutions of higher education
• State and local governments and governmental agencies, authorities, commissions and food policy councils
• Tribal governments and tribal governmental agencies, authorities, and food policy councils